Universities in Melbourne
As the list shows, Melbourne is home to 7 Australian universities and hosts campuses of another 5.
- 3 universities in Melbourne have > 50,000 students (Monash, RMIT and Melbourne Uni)
- Melbourne universities teach 277,000 students in total, including 91,000 from overseas.
Melbourne has to be considered one of the world's favourite study destinations. Students love coming to study in Melbourne for reasons such as:
- good city transport links
- plenty of student accommodation and cheap-but-good dining options
- an exciting culture, with interesting bars and cafes and thriving music and art scenes
- a calendar full of concerts, theatre productions and sports events (e.g. football and tennis).