Updated: 5 October 2015
- Course Experience Questionnaire (2013-2014)
- University Experience Survey (2013-2014)
* Only open to students learning Christian ministry and theology (religious training colleges)
^ Private university for students with Roman Catholic beliefs
University Ratings Measures
Graduate Satisfaction %
Proportion of recent graduates who, overall, are satisfied with their course (survey estimate).
- The survey is done some months after students graduate.
- Graduates can look back on their whole study and job-search experience.
Student Satisfaction %
Proportion of current university students who, overall, are satisfied with their educational experience (survey estimate).
- Current students tend to focus on teaching quality and student services.
Australia’s Top Unis for Students
The stats on student satisfaction don’t lie. For the best unis, 85 – 90 % of graduates are happy with their course experience. That shows the university is doing a generally good job.
1. University of Wollongong
University of Wollongong always does well on measures of teaching quality. It is Australia’s number 1 public university for graduate satisfaction. For those who don’t know about it, UOW is on the east coast about 80 km south of Sydney.
2. University of New England
UNE is mainly an online university, though thousands of students also attend on-campus classes in Armidale.
3. Bond University
Bond University is a private university. Students can live on the Gold Coast (a popular tourist destination) and enjoy excellent services. As well as being top 3 for graduate satisfaction, Bond has the highest satisfaction rate for current students.
4. University of the Sunshine Coast
USC is a relatively new and small university situated near bushland in the Sunshine Coast region. Obviously, it is doing something right.
5. Deakin University
Deakin is a large university that is able to achieve high students ratings despite its size. It has campuses in Melbourne, Geelong and regional Victoria.