Universities in Victoria
As well 7 Melbourne-based universities, Victoria has Deakin University (Geelong) and Federation University Australia (Ballarat).
- Of the 51 campuses on the state list, 34 are in the Melbourne metro area.
- 5 Australian universities based outside Victoria have a campus in the state.
- Victorian universities teach 340,000 students in total, including 106,000 from overseas.
While Melbourne dominates university education in Victoria, students around VIC have good access to courses.
- Albury-Wodonga, Ballarat and Shepparton each contain campuses of multiple universities.
- Close to a dozen Victorian regional centres provide physical access to university education.