The top 3 Agriculture and Environmental Studies unis in Australia for 2017 are
Uni Reviews ranked Australian universities by a formula using:
- the size of the agriculture and environment faculty (with extra weighting for postgraduate students)
- course satisfaction ratings (% of students and recent graduates satisfied with their course overall)
- graduate salaries (adjusted for unemployment and students doing advanced studies).
Agriculture and Environmental Studies definition
Agriculture and Environmental Studies includes Agriculture and Forestry, and Environmental Studies.
Detailed study areas: Agriculture, Horticulture and Viticulture, Forestry Studies and Fishery Studies, Land, Parks, Wildlife Management and Environmental Studies.
University of New England
The School of Environmental and Rural Science at UNE is Australia’s top ranked school for Agriculture and Environmental Studies.
UNE scores well for size (1,178 students), student satisfaction with courses (89%) and indicative graduate salary ($48,147).
University of Adelaide
The environmental and agricultural programs at Adelaide Uni place it 2nd in Australia for Agriculture and Environmental Studies.
As well as receiving high salaries, students of agriculture and environment courses report a high overall satisfaction rate (89%).
University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is in the top 3 subject rankings for Agriculture and Environmental Studies in 2017.
Spanning faculties for Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences, and Science, the uni scores well in terms of student numbers and has the highest indicative graduate salary.
Updated: 4 November 2016
Universities with small sample sizes for satisfaction or salary components are omitted from overall ranking.
1. Agriculture and Environment Faculty Size
Source: uCube Higher Education Statistics (Category: Agriculture Environmental and Related Studies)
2. Student Course Satisfaction
Sources: Course Experience Questionnaire (2014-2015), University Experience Survey (2014-2015)
Universities are ranked by graduate satisfaction. For further details, see Course Ratings by Students.
3. Indicative Graduate Salaries
Source: Graduate Destinations Survey (2013-2015)
The indicative graduate salary accounts for:
- low incomes of unemployed graduates
- earnings potential of graduates doing advanced studies.
For further details, see Graduate Salaries by University.